Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Some general observations...

Hi folks! Mono update: Ally stayed home from her first day of teacher training today because she couldn't fathom expending the energy to get to campus. This is a good thing! She needs to rest before her actual classes. Her fevers haven't been as extreme but she still needs to sleep about 18 hours a day.
Other observations...
Columbus is a sports town, I believe we mentioned this. Those of you that are living or have lived in Red Sox Nation have an idea of what that is like. This last weekend was the big game between OSU and USC. Ally and I happened to go out to get ice cream the afternoon before the game. Everyone, and I really mean everyone, was wearing buckeye apparel. Old people, young people, dogs, toddlers, everyone. Except me of course, I was wearing my pink monster t-shirt. We felt lucky that Ally had put on her red head scarf before heading out. Having procured our ice cream, we basically made a bad choice and walked back home through the greek houses. I have never seen so much beer pong happening (on people's front lawns) at 3 in the afternoon. Anywho, lots of people had their barbecues going and flags waving, basically it felt like a holiday. I am actually looking forward to going to a game sometime (when Ally can stay awake) for the experience of being with that kind of crowd and maybe even to see some good football. I'm (slightly - to be honest I don't give a hoot about football) sad to report that OSU lost to USC that evening. Don't worry friends, they'll bounce back.

No comments:

Post a Comment